What is Nat Med Coach?
Nat Med Coach is a system of expert satellite clinics that pair Naturopathic Physicians and Health Coaches together for the best in holistic patient care.
Currently we have locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Washington D.C.
What is Naturopathic medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care profession, emphasizing prevention, treatment, and optimal health through the use of therapeutic methods and substances that encourage individuals’ inherent self-healing process. The practice of naturopathic medicine includes modern and traditional, scientific, and empirical methods. Naturopathic Doctors graduate from a 4-year post-graduate doctorate program, undergo stringent board examinations and licensure in one of the licensed states.
What is a health coach?
A health coach is a wellness authority and supportive mentor who motivates individuals to cultivate positive health choices. Health Coaches educate and support clients to achieve their health goals through lifestyle and behavior adjustments. Health coaches bring education in functional medicine, nutrition as well as personal experience in overcoming their own health challenges.
Do you work with my PCP?
We work with your MD, your blood work and your medical diagnoses to reduce redundancies, save resources and get to the root cause of your health concerns.
Why do you work in teams?
Research shows that collaboration between health care providers produces better patient centered care and better health outcomes for people. We know people are not getting enough time with their care providers. We work on teams because this model gives you the expertise of a holistic doctor with the accountability of a coach. Our modalities synergistically come together to produce best possible outcomes.
Is Nat Med Coach scientific?
We believe in relying on the evidence that is present for diagnostics and treatments, as well as using innovative technologies like Gene SNP for genetic analysis, where possible. However medicine is more than science, technology and prescriptions. We believe in the patient doctor relationship as healing, natural foundations of time and nature, the energy of the universe, mind-body-spirit and the art of the therapeutic practice to be equally as instrumental as science.We work on healing your body, not just managing the symptoms. We believe that the body has an innate ability to heal itself, from the inside out when given the right amount of nutrition and positive re-enforcement.
Principles of Naturopathic Medicine:
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae): Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self-healing process in people that is ordered and intelligent. Naturopathic physicians act to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery, and to facilitate and augment this inherent self-healing process.
- Identify and Treat the Causes (Tolle Causam): The naturopathic physician seeks to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness rather than to merely eliminate or suppress symptoms.
- First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere): Naturopathic physicians follow three guidelines to avoid harming the patient:
- Utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat;
- Avoid when possible the harmful suppression of symptoms; and
- Acknowledge, respect, and work with individuals’ self-healing process.
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere): Naturopathic physicians educate their patients and encourage self-responsibility for health. They also recognize and employ the therapeutic potential of the doctor-patient relationship.
- Treat the Whole Person: Naturopathic physicians treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and other factors. Since total health also includes spiritual health, naturopathic physicians encourage individuals to pursue their personal spiritual development.
- Prevention: Naturopathic physicians emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.
If you have any more burning questions, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're a health coach or wellness provider and want to stay in touch, please like us on Facebook, Twitter and sign up for our newsletter promotions at our sister website www.NDsforHealthCoaches.com.